To perform our business functions and to provide high quality services, KeelX Limited (hereinafter called “KeelX”) need to collect and use personal information.
KeelX is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses your personal information, to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and to meeting its data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- How to contact KeelX:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: 17-21B Ayias Zonis Str., Eleni Court, CY-3027 Limassol, Cyprus
- Phone: +357 25 107 009
- What Personal Information we collect:
KeelX has created KeelX.com and is aiming to promote its services and market its brands which are all related to Maritime technology.
By visiting KeelX.com website or communicating with KeelX, you voluntarily and willingly provide KeelX with certain information, including personally identifiable information, financial information, and standard Cookies, which we collect to provide our Services, and which are essential to us being able to provide effective care and support.
The Personal Information is contained in individual files (manual and electronic) and other record systems, all of which are subject to strict security and authorized access policies. Personal Information that becomes inactive, e.g., enquiries or prospective users who do not enter the service is also kept securely for as long as it is needed, before being safely disposed and/or deleted. In case of a third party, all Personal Information obtained about others associated with the delivery of our services or vice versa, including contractors, collaborators, visitors, partners etc. will be protected in the same ways as Personal Information on service users. In more detail we may obtain Personal Information with the following ways but not limited to them:
- Any Information that you may provide to us directly through our website, in writing, via email, telephone, mail, at our events or through other means; or
- Information that we obtain from your interaction with our websites and / or services.
- Your contact details.
- Information of job applicants for processing job applications, through our Online Recruitment Process. Please find more details in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
- General enquiries with regards to our services which may contain Personal Information.
- General enquiries from third parties which may contain Personal Information.
- Personal Information automatically collected from your device or web browser. More information about these practices is included in the “Cookies” section below.
We will not ask for, and do not intend to collect, any sensitive personal information about you.
- Why we process Personal Information:
KeelX needs to know basic personal information about you to respond to requests you make to us, to provide you with our services and / or to provide you with information relating to our services.
Precisely KeelX may collect and process your Personal Information for any or all the following purposes:
- Help enhance content and overall user experience on this website
- For the evaluation of the Job Application Process. Applicants Information such as Full Name, Company Name, Company Address, Job Title, Email, Telephone Number
- For Communication purposes, i.e,. telephone recordings, video recordings, voice mails, emails
- Process job applications (separate Job Applicant Privacy Notice exists for job applicants)
- Provide high quality services for our clients
- Handle business contacts
- Maintain our records
- Respond to general enquiries
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, code of practice, guideline, or rule or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority
- Any other business purposes for which you have provided your personal information
- Any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above
Any Personal Information collected via this website, or that you provide voluntarily to KeelX, is processed only by our authorized personnel and/or agents for the purpose for which they were collected and in accordance with the GDPR.
- How is your personal information protected:
KeelX will hold your Personal Information securely using appropriate technical and organizational measures and not disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside its own group, or to any person or entity outside the European Economic Area (EEA), except and to the extent both:
- where it has first satisfied itself that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure such information will continue to be held and used in accordance with this Policy and compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679).
We will ensure that any of your Personal Information that is accessible outside the EEA is handled subject to appropriate safeguards. Certain countries outside the EEA, such as Andorra, Argentina, Canada (limited to companies), Faroe Islands, Guernsey, Israel, Isle of Man, Jersey, New Zealand, Switzerland, Uruguay and the US (limited to the Privacy Shield framework) have been confirmed by the European Commission as providing adequate level of protection for the data subjects’ rights and freedoms.
In countries which have not had such adequacy confirmation, we will either ask for your consent to the transfer or transfer in accordance with data protection laws, which may include standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
- Is your Personal Information used for Marketing purposes:
KeelX may process your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. e.g., we may send you marketing communications and news regarding KeelX services, event invitations, holiday wishes, birthday wishes and KeelX newsletters.
In case you don’t wish your Personal Information to be processed for direct marketing purposes you can always contact our Data Protection Officer (info on how to contact us above under: “How to contact KeelX?”). As soon as you notify us, your personal information will no longer be processed for marketing purposes.
- How long do we keep your Personal Information:
- As a data subject, you have certain rights under the GDPR:
You have specific legal rights surrounding your personal information under the GDPR, including:
- the right to access and copy your personal information;
- the right to obtain correction of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information;
- the right to have your personal information deleted;
- the right to restrict or object to KeelX the processing of your personal information;
- the right to withdraw your consent to our processing at any time
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our DPO at the contact details provided above.
If you believe that KeelX has not complied with your Personal Information protection rights, you can complain to the Cyprus Information Commissioner.
- What are Cookies:
‘Cookies’ are small text files that are stored by the browser on your computer or mobile phone. They also allow websites to store things like user preferences. You can think of cookies as providing a ‘memory’ for the website, so that it can recognize you when you come back and respond appropriately.
KeelX collects Personal Information about your usage of our websites through cookies. KeelX through this page, like many others, uses small files called cookies to help us customize your experience. We do not collect any unnecessary Personal Information nor distribute any Personal Information externally without the user’s knowledge or prior consent, nor collect any Personal Information without the user’s knowledge or consent. Find out more about cookies and how you can control them.
Essentially there are two types of cookies:
- persistent cookies, and
- session cookies
A persistent cookie helps the website (and third-party applications) recognize you as an existing user, so it is easier to return and continue your existing user experience. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the website, i.e., lasting only for as long as the session (usually the current visit to the website or a browser session).
- Managing Cookies:
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version.
You can find more details about blocking and deleting cookies via these links separately for each browser:
- Internet Explorer
Please keep in mind that if you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features of our website.
For further information on Cookies, such as deleting, disabling, or blocking cookies, please visit AboutCookies.org
- Third Party Cookies:
- Google Maps
- Google Fonts
- Google Analytics